Employment Box Ads
Salary between Not mentioned ~ (in USD)
Job Title : Applications Developer
NORMALIZED JOB TITLE* : Application Developer
Job Display Categories : IT / Engineering,Marketing/PR,Design,Administrative / Clerical,Finance/Operations
Category : information_technology
Matched Category : marketing_advertising_pr,design_creative,administrative_clerical,financial_services
Job ID : 134499220
Job Code :
Job Source : direct_employer
Job Summary : The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Applications Developer. This position may work 100% virtual/remote in a Firm appr…
Work Status : full_time
Work Shift :
Work Type : employee
Work From Home : 0
Parse ID :
Posting Date : 2023-04-21T13:00:00Z
Modified Date : 2023-04-21T13:00:00Z
Posting Company :
Posting Company ID : 0
Remote Details URL :
Search Networks : US,US_ablegrads,US_afro,US_alaska,US_amarillo,US_athens,US_augusta,US_banknewswatch,US_big4,US_blackent,US_conway,US_datascience,US_deadline,US_empleosamigo,US_empleosamigosp,US_glass,US_hireahero,US_ieee,US_ieeetest,US_jacksonville,US_lancet,US_lubbock,US_politico,US_rdjobs,US_retired,US_savannah,US_staugustine,US_tvb,US_varmedia
Assigned Category : information_technology
*a normalized job title is a standardized version of a job title that has been modified to conform to a specific format or set of conventions, Grouping similar titles together,The goal of normalizing job titles is to make it easier to search, sort and compare job titles across different sources
The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Applications Developer. This position may work 100% virtual/remote in a Firm approved U.S. state. The Applications Developer is responsible for working with IT and business stakeholders, creating new and supporting existing solutions using Azure, Office365 and Microsoft Power Apps platforms to streamline and automate business processes, encourage knowledge sharing, improve communications, and enhance productivity and efficiency.
This position is part of the Applications Development team, which develops in-house Web Applications, Cloud based Applications, Desktop Applications, PowerApps and Mobile Apps and customizes the existing business applications to meet the Firm’s specific needs. The Firm is leveraging low-code and mobile application platforms to improve communications and accessibility to information for internal users and clients. The Applications Developer will assist in driving the Firm to meet these goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building enterprise-level solutions within Arnold & Porter Office365 and Azure environments, including form creation, workflow customization, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configuration.
- Designing and developing Office 365 applications and solutions (Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online).
- Creating and customizing mobile applications using 3rd party mobile application development platforms (e.g. Microsoft Power Platform, Xamarin, etc.)
- Analyzing the business requirements by collaborating with the stakeholders and IT Management, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debugging, testing, and deploying software solutions.
- Designing, developing and maintaining key components of the software suite using Azure and Office 365 APIs.
- Implementing custom solutions that leverage various Azure and Office 365 services.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Creating and maintaining application solution documentation.
- Collaborating with business customers to perform application testing needed to assure the desired functionality of the solutions meets the business requirements.
- Sharing knowledge with co-workers and ensuring appropriate knowledge transfer for coverage purposes.
- Resolving application outages, monitoring production applications, and supporting day-to-day operations of SharePoint servers, including patches and upgrades.
- Ensuring seamless integration with third-party applications and data feeds from critical business systems.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and technical liaison to business for Azure, Office365, Power App and Mobile Apps environments.
- Documenting and maintaining system configurations, application settings, and code changes.
- Working with the training team to develop appropriate application training resources for end-users.
- Four-year college degree required; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Microsoft or other relevant certifications are highly desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and developing enterprise-wide applications using Office 365/PowerApps and other Mobile Apps development platforms for iOS and Android devices.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the following:
- .Net or equivalent scripting language.
- building cloud based applications.
- Must have good understating and experience of building Office 365-connected solutions, including Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online.
- Experience in building web parts, apps, page layouts and content types using the O365 API.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Azure DevOps, Git, TFS, or other source control management tools.
- Solid understanding of relational database development and SQL experience.
- Experience with IDEs and Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code. As well as experience with source control tools such as Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, and Github.
- Experience with Azure resources such as Azure functions, Azure logic apps, and Azure SQL DB.
- Experience in applying software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, configuration, development, and unit testing using Microsoft technologies.
- High-level understanding of Active Directory, AD security, TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancers, Firewall, and SMTP.
- Experience in Microsoft Intune and MDM platforms a plus.
- Experience with PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Experience with cloud-hybrid integration platforms such as Microsoft PowerAutomate, Boomi, or Intapp Integrate is a plus.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Strong process improvement, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex business & system processes and clearly articulate business requirements.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $90,000 to $120,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
The firm may provide a discretionary bonus annually.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.
How to Apply for a job opening
You can submit your application in these ways
- URL : https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/careers/professional-staff/current-opportunities/it/applications-developer
- email :
- Fax :
- Phone :
Please Apply for a job opening before the job expired on 2023-05-22T03:59:59Z
Apply Information :
Apply Name :
Apply City :
Apply State :
Apply Zip :
Apply Country :
Response Method : url
Company Profile Description of Arnold & Porter
Company Name : Arnold & Porter
Company Industry :
Company ID : 1808362
Company Type :
Company Profile URL :
Company Country : United States
Company City : – / –
State : –
Company Confidential :
Company Size :
Client ID : mashable
Latitude : 38.89037
Longitude : -77.03196
Formatted City State :
Formatted City State Country : US
Normalized Country: US
Source Job Details :
URL Source : https://jobs.mashable.com/jobs/applications-developer-134499220-d?rsite=careercast&rgroup=1&clientid=mashable&widget=1&type=job&
HTML File URI:
Rank: 2 on Keyword